The company is committed to procuring goods and services having due regard to any environmental, ethical and social impact such procurement actions incur, both in the immediate timescale and over the expected lifecycle of the procured goods or services.
The company encourages its Suppliers or any of their employees, sub-contractors, suppliers or agents to carry out their procurement in line with the above intention.
In line with the company’s other policies and as a foundation to this one, the company recognises that all procurement must be carried out with:
- a high level of ethical behaviour, integrity and openess.
- due regard for the well-being of all employees affected by the company’s procurement processes including not dealing with Suppliers where health & safety, equal opportunities, diversity, labour, anti-slavery or other social practices are not treated with the same importance as laid down in the company’s policies.
- due regard for the environmental effect and sustainability of raw materials used in the provision of any goods or services e.g. timber is only sourced where certified via the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or similar.
- preference shown to those Suppliers who can demonstrate a commitment to reducing their carbon emissions, water usage, waste and packaging and/or increasing their recycling and avoiding landfill.
- consideration given to those Suppliers who can offer goods or services with low-energy consumption.
- targeting best value in procuring goods or services based not just on price but environmental, ethical, legal and social considerations.
As part of the company’s procedure for the approval of all Suppliers, a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire is issued where aspects of the Supplier’s environmental, ethical and social procurement processes are examined.
The Supply Chain Director carries the overall responsibility for delivery of this policy.
The Ethical & Sustainable Procurement policy will be reviewed annually at the Management Review Meeting and made available to the public and other interested parties.