On Wednesday 11th October, we celebrated incredible achievements from across the Group at our annual Long Service & Retirement Awards!
In an era where people change jobs on average every few years, we feel particularly privileged to be able to host these awards on an annual basis. At Wednesday’s ceremony, over 500 years of combined service were recognised, we announced the apprentice of the year and runners-up, and bid a heartfelt farewell to three cherished members of our team as they embark on their well-deserved upcoming retirements. As a family-owned company, we always strive to make each and every member of staff feel like they are one of the family. The feedback from our Long Service recipients has confirmed that this is why they’ve stayed with us for so long.
Our congratulations also go out to the Apprentices nominated for the Apprentice of the Year award: your hard work and dedication embody the Gratte Brothers company values and we look forward to watching your careers flourish.
Thank you to everyone who attended, we appreciate that people travelled in from across the country (and even over the Irish Sea!) to be there. Your participation made the night the fantastic success it was. Thank you also to our Facilities team: your tireless dedication and attention to detail ensured that the evening went without a hitch, and could be enjoyed to the maximum by all.
This year’s recipients were as follows:
- Ian Efford, Senior Installation Engineer (GBCEL)
- Lee Morris, General Engineering Manager (GBSM)
- Michael Walker, Project Manager (GBSM)
- Ian Witham, Key Accounts Director (GBSM)
- Trevor Cogley, Site Manager (GBL)
- David Wilson, Operations Director (GBSM)
- Danny Grant, Approved Electrician (GBL)
- Lee Airey, Approved Electrician (GBL)
- Mark Gerrard, Site Manager (GBL)
- Helen Lambert, Executive Assistant (GBL)
- Dean Sykes, Foreman (GBL)
- Glenn Weir, Project Manager (GBSM)
- John Slade, Labourer (GBL)
- Anne-Marie Goodacre, Document Controller (GBL)
- Phil King, Approved Electrician (GBL)
- Paul Davies, Group Credit Controller (GBG)
- Peter Summers, Technician (GBL)
- Rob Paterson-Bryant, Health Safety & Wellbeing Advisor (GBG)
- Ifor Willis, Project Manager (GBL)
- Karen Webb (GBCEL)
Apprentice of the Year
- Winner: Riley Davies
- Runner Up: Joe Richmond
- Runner Up: Josh King