We are ever-proud of being able to host a long-service and retirement awards ceremony every year across the Gratte Brothers Group. In an era when the average service length in the UK is roughly 2 years, it’s quite a feat to be celebrating 16 members of staff who have been with the company for 25, 40, and 50 years! Collectively, our long-service award recipients have served a whopping 495 years!!
To retain such amazing talent, our strategy is simple; first and foremost, be a good company to work for! What that means to us is to provide training to our staff, regardless of seniority or time-served, to help them develop their careers. To provide support, not just through career development, but by genuinely caring about how our staff, as individuals, are doing. To maintain a solid internal infrastructure: we continually review our processes to ensure we’re providing the best possible frameworks for our staff to operate within. And finally, to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees; doing everything in our power to prevent things from going wrong, but being present with support and compassion when they do. But, enough about us! We want to extend our congratulations and heartfelt thanks to everyone receiving an award tonight. Your hard work and dedication has helped to make Gratte Brothers the industry-renowned company that we are today. Here’s to many more years 🥂. And, for those who are switching off their morning alarms for good, we wish you long, happy and healthy retirements!
The list of those celebrating are;
- David Danneau; Technical Plumber
- Tony Hayes; Approved Electrician
- Simon Hope; Senior Craftsman
- Ian Chambers; Senior Craftsman
- Chris Abbott; Site Manager
- James Forrest; Site Manager
- Robert Beer; Approved Electrician/Tester
- James Bradbury; Site Manager
- Billy Wood; Site Manager
- Michael Sharman; Approved Electrician
- Sara Blackburn; Senior Accounts Administrator
- Gary Brown; Approved Electrician
- John Lennon; Approved Electrician/Tester
- Mark Sims; Approved Electrician
- Glenn Sheldrake; Managing Director, GBTS
- Keith Allen; Project Engineer
- Joe O’Rourke; Project Engineer
- Ron Aylett; Engineering Manager
- Chris Jarvis; Project Engineer
Events like these take the highest level of organisation and military precision to pull off, so we’d like to offer our sincere gratitude to the teams who’ve worked tirelessly to make this event happen. Post-pandemic, these occasions seem all the more special as we come together to celebrate the hard-earned achievements of our colleagues. Our final and biggest thank you, of course, goes to those listed above. We are honoured and proud to have had you on our team for the decades you’ve given us. You really are part of the family and we thank you for your loyalty, dedication and hard work.